What do we inspect?
Two central questions are at stake in each inspection.
- To what extent does the educational institution develop its own quality, with special focus on the management and quality assurance of the teaching and learning practice?
- To what extent does the institution provide education that meets the quality expectations of the OK and abides by the regulations?
When inspecting the school’s quality development the audit team looks into
- the school vision
- the organization policy
- the educational policy (teaching and learning)
- the quality management throughout the institution, with a focus on systematic and reliable evaluation, quality adjustment and assurance
A quality area is a coherent set of quality expectations of pdf filethe OK (1.95 MB). When Inspectie 2.0 was launched in January 2018, four quality areas were defined:
- Reporting and orientation
- Pupil guidance
- Approach to diversity
- Staffing policy and professionalisation
This inspection focuses on the teaching and learning practice and on the quality expectations of pdf filethe OK (1.95 MB) which have a direct impact on this practice. The audit team inspects the following items:
- Alignment with the educational objectives authorized by the government
- Learning and development oriented provision
- Positive and stimulating learning and living climate
- Material learning environment and educational organisation
- Pupil evaluation
- Learning effects
The inspection proceeds differently according to the level of education.
- In nursery education, the inspection is carried out in an integrated manner and the audit team inspects the provision as a whole.
- In primary education, the audit team inspects two selected areas of learning.The school chooses one area of learning, the Inspectorate of Education chooses the other one.
- In secondary education, the audit team inspects a selection of subjects.
- In part-time education in the arts the audit team inspects a selection of subjects.
- In adult education, the audit team inspects a selection of courses and modules or a selection of areas of learning and subjects.
- In special nursery and primary education, the audit team inspects how the educational objectives are pursued on the basis of individualized education plans.
- In special secondary education, the audit team inspects how the educational objectives are pursued on the basis of individualized education plans.
This inspection focuses on the risk control in terms of habitability, safety and hygiene. The audit team inspects the following items:
- Planning and implementation
- Systematic and reliable evaluation
- Assurance and adjustment
The inspection is carried out on the basis of three processes that are connected to habitability, safety and hygiene. The institution chooses one process, the Inspectorate of Education chooses the other two.