Mission and vision
We monitor the quality of education and deliver a reliable opinion for the benefit of society as a whole.
We act as a lever for improving the quality of education.
We evaluate on the basis of inspections and use quality standards to that end.
We believe in the capacity of educational institutions to develop.
We act on the basis of societal and human values and contribute to a social and democratic education system.
(1) The Flanders Inspectorate of Education, an information-rich organisation
We continue to play a leading role in terms of our information and data manage-ment. We base our inspections on data. We register and analyse the results of our inspections at micro-, meso- and macro-level and make them available to our part-ners in the education sector.
(2) The Flanders Inspectorate of Education, a forward-looking organisation
For our inspections, which are standardised, we use a method underpinned by scientific research. We carry them out in a transparent way. We are proactive and oriented to Flemish, European and international trends and targets.
(3) The Flanders Inspectorate of Education, a cooperating organisation
We build strong partnerships and enter into dialogue with our network: policy makers, science and education institutions, other inspectorates, parents and pupils, etc.
(4) The Flanders Inspectorate of Education, a competent organisation
We pursue a modern HR policy which focuses on competency development, participation and integrity. The Inspectorate of Education, an organisation with ... impact!
- We influence and inspire public policy.
- We are reliable and deliver relevant and transparent opinions regarding the recognition of educational institutions.
- We operate independently and likewise we take part in the education de-bate.
- We aim to achieve well-being for all the members of our organisation. Finally, through our work, we contribute to a social and democratic education sys-tem. We have an improving effect on the quality of education, the professionalism of teachers and the policy-making capacity of the institutions.
- Provision of opinions regarding the recognition of educational institutions
- Audits of institutions
- Any other responsibilities assigned by decree or order of the Government of Flanders